This Grapat Advent Calendar has over 150 pieces set/ Booklet available in 9 languages (Spanish + Catalan, English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Korean).
This is the second limited edition from Grapat, made of 24 boxes containing different limited-edition surprises that link back to invitations to play and rituals proposed for each day of Advent. The booklet is full of ideas, traditions, and inspiration to guide you through this wonderful time of the year. Produced exclusively in 2023.
Grapat Advent Calendar is part of an open-ended collective play.
- About Grapat
- Grapat creations are produced using traditional manufacturing processes and locally sourced materials.
- Grapat uses beech and birch woods from sustainable forests. It is robust, soft and hard, warm, sounds good, and smells good.
- The dyes are based on non-toxic water, which complies with the European safety regulations of the Toy EN / 71-3: 2014 + A1: 2014 / 2013.
- The finishes are made with waxes and oils of vegetable origin. The oils can initially have a strong aroma but soften with time.
- Includes #1: Four candles and four elements for the Waldorf kingdoms, #2: Tió, #3: Wooden stones, #4: Snowflake craft, #5: Finger puppet, #6: Xmas cookies, #7: Fairy craft set, #8: Little drumsticks, #9: Embroidery set, #10: Bulb babies, #11: Game of senses, #12: Amulet craft set, #13: Little mushrooms, #14: Silent bell, #15: Rainbow dice, #16: Treasure bag craft, #17: Wooly family, #18: Popcorn garland craft, #19: Cocoa cups, #20: String of pearl, #21: Magical city, #22: Night owl, #23: Joyful Nin, #24: Surprise!
- Materials: wood
- Dimensions: box size 30x20x16 cm
- Care instructions: only use a damp cloth to clean Grapat wood products. Do not submerge in water or use disinfectant or hot water.
- Ages: 3yrs+
- Made in Spain
Grapat has grown a lot since its birth in 2015, spreading globally, but it is still – and always will be – a family project. Grapat workshop is located in the Spanish countryside, and being close to nature can make some tones and colours vary. Depending on the humidity or wind, the dye can be impregnated in one way or another in the wood. The finishes are made with waxes and oils of vegetable origin. The oils can initially have a strong aroma but lose it with the days.
Grapat draws inspiration from nature in its true form and then tries to reduce it to the essential, detaching from the unnecessary and the superfluous to offer material that is truly open, ready to transform into whatever the child needs in every playtime.
GRAPAT provides material without instructions, open-ended and autonomous play. The only premise is to let children play slowly, without time limits. Grapat hand crafts materials that encourage, invite and stimulate the creation of invented little worlds. Grapat is made following traditional processes, in the old way, with thick, soft raw materials, natural dyes that let the wood veins be seen, and vibrant coloured waxes and oils that shine slightly. The products are painted by hand, homemade, surrounded by nature and many children nearby, inspiring the makers daily.