The Sail Boat Building Kit
The Sail Boat Building Kit will make a little boat and it is ideal for playing! The sail is made of poplar plywood and the railing is made of cotton yarn.
When building the boat, a lot is sawed, drilled and filed.
- Wood to build the boat (spruce, beech, linden, poplar)
- Two types of cord
- 12-page instruction booklet with pictures for each step. Note - instructions are in German only.
- Dimensions: approx. 4 x 4 x 13 cm (LxWxH)
- Recommended age: 4-5 years old with adult support
- Work steps: sawing, filing, sanding, drilling, gluing,... Tools are required!
- Working time: 1 afternoon, depending on your own pace
- To float the sailboat requires a keel. For example, you can attach a screw which acts as a weight under the hull of the ship.
- Made in Germany
Die Werkkiste is a specialty woodworking workshop just for kids based in Hamburg, Germany. It's a cozy place where kids can explore, learn and develop their love for woodworking. Die Werkkiste kit sets and tool sets are specially designed for children's hands. Function and safety are important in woodworking which is why tools offered by Die Werkkiste are lovingly selected by the carpenter, an occupational therapist and a wood physicist. Appreciation for nature and conscious use of its resources is particularly important to Die Werkkiste. They work with regional partners and source material from European dealers. Only use local wood and pay attention to the relevant certifications.